Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Old Man

April 1st was Brett's 30th birthday and since I am already 30 I had some fun because he can't really get me back.  As you can see the morning started out with a beautiful sign up on the garage that said "Oh how nerdy Brett is 30!"  A little too demonstrative?  Oh well, Brett has learned after 4 1/2 years of marriage to me to expect the wild and crazy sometimes.
For those of you who don't know Brett really well he is a child at heart and always will be.  To inspire the child at heart in such an old man I decided to give him two Nerf guns.  I think I inspired the child in my father-in-law as well because before Brett had a gun out of the package, my father-in-law was already loading his.  Needless to say there was a huge battle between them, and when Brett's brother Todd came he was ambushed by them both.  My mother-in-law and I had a great time laughing and dodging bullets.
Brett has always liked big parties and lots of people to play with and to be around, so in honor of his making it to the ripe old age of 30, without killing himself with all the crazy things he does, we had a big party at our house.  I invited over 80 people and we really had a great time.  Brett said that I cheated with how I put the candles on the cupcakes so he cheated by blowing them out with my blow dryer. 














As you can see the kids had a great time as well.  Mark had fun playing with his cousin as well as our neighbors.

3 comments:

  1. Too fun! I think the most exciting thing I did for Jeremy was throw him a surprise party a few years back.
    And I guess I don't think turning 30 is very funny. It seems kinda sad and depressing. I'm not looking forward to it.:( Maybe after this year, I will be perpetually 29.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great party. Wish we could have stayed to see everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys make me laugh. I like the idea of using the blow dryer to blow out the candles. We are truly going to you miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete