Friday, April 13, 2012

Farewell to an Elect Lady

(This post is late, like most of the posts I do, some day my posts might actually be caught up with my life. Until then I am sorry, enjoy or whatever.)
I was blessed to be welcomed into the Schwieder family almost 7 years ago, and at that time I met Elizabeth Haroldson, Brett's grandma. From the moment I first met her she showered me with love and welcomed me into her family and heart. Due to declining health I never got to know the woman Elizabeth Haroldson was, and on March 6th she returned to her Heavenly Home. I am greatful for the opportunity I had to attend the funeral because I was able to catch a glimpse into the life of this wonderful woman, and the more I learned the more I wished I could be just like her. A woman of strength she never let anything stand in the way of something she wanted to do. Through ingenuity and perserverience she made things happen. A leader, a sister, a mother, a friend. I am greatful that I can get to know her better through my mother in law, yet I am also greatful for the plan of salvation and the knowledge I have that I will see her again and I will truly get to know her when I see her again. We love you Grandma!

Picture of Grandma Brett drew for Grandpa.

Brett dancing with Grandma at our reception here in Iona.

4 Generations-Grandma Haroldson, Mom Schwieder, Brett, and Mark.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got to spend some time with her, even if it was only a little while! Thank goodness for eternity, where we can build strong relationships with the people we love!

    ReplyDelete