Saturday, September 19, 2009

Nooooo!

Markie has learned the word "no".  We have a rather large plant that Mark likes to play with, he takes the dirt out and dumps it on the carpet.  Brett and I tell Mark "no", yet he still continues to do it.  A few days ago, Mark had a measuring cup in his hand and before I could stop him he had filled the measuring cup with dirt and dumped it on the carpet.  Once he saw the mess he made he began to point at it and yell, "no, no, no."  Not very easy to discipline in the middle of a giggle so we cleaned up the mess together.

Yesterday, I was working on a Christmas gift at my mother-in-laws house.  I had been sitting in the same chair the whole time.  Mark wanted a cracker so I got up to get him one. As I was returning to my seat Mark ran over to the chair, barred my way, and said "Noooo."  My mother-in-law and I couldn't help but laugh.  Mark thinking he had done something good, smiled his best smile and then continued to say "no".  You can imagine his look of frustration and defeat when I went around to the other side of the chair and sat down.

2 comments:

  1. Cute cute! It's fun to watch little kids' brains work! You will have to keep an eye on him, or else he may be telling you what to do all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Been there, heard that! I still have problems disciplining Lily cuz she makes me laugh when I try. I'm in trouble.

    ReplyDelete