Sunday, August 16, 2009



Just one of the many reasons why I love summer.  I now my garden looks horrible now that it is being over run with weeds, however it has been so much fun tending it this summer.  I have grown peas, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, squash, corn, carrots, and onions.  I also planted pumpkins and bell peppers but they didn't work out too well this summer.  From my garden I have been able to freeze two quarts of peas, and 13 pints of green beans.  I have 16 tomato plants and so as soon as the tomatoes ripen up I am going to bottle those as well.  If you can't tell because of all the weeds the first picture is of my tomato and potato garden and the second is a picture of everything else.



During the summer Brett takes on a second job working at the YMCA.  Last year they paid for him to receive is Commercial Drivers License, as well as work with the kids as a counselor. This year he has been, Bus Driver Brett.  He takes the kids to the rock wall, the swimming pool, and each Wednesday he takes them on their field trip.  He has been able to see some pretty cool places.  Some of his favorites have been the Ghost Town in Montana, Hogle Zoo, and Lagoon.  Mark and I had the opportunity to Hogle Zoo with Brett.  Since we were already down in Utah, Mark and I visited my parents house and had a great time.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, sure! Don't tell your friends you are in town! :P Hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. remind me not to ride on his bus. He looks a little reckless. :)

    ReplyDelete